The request to register an Official process was introduced in February 2016, having been discussed in full and agreed at an England Boxing Board meeting.
The process is for officials who have/are been involved in unlicensed boxing or white collar boxing only. Officials linked to other combat sports do not currently have to complete the request to register.
The basic process, is outlined below for ease of understanding, in terms of what is required from an England Boxing member, the Association and the National Federation.
The proposed England Boxing member
- Must demonstrate acceptance of the additional membership conditions in writing, by receiving, signing and returning the provided form to their Association
- Must formally declare their previous involvement with unlicensed boxing on the provided form, before clearance for membership can be sought
- Signs and sends the original of the completed form to the NGB Office, by recorded delivery or tracked postal service.
- Will not grant the official membership or register the proposed member until approval has been received from the National Federation
The National Federation
- Will review the request for membership clearance and either approve or reject it
- Will notify the Association of the result of the request
Request to register
Click to download a request to register an official form.