England Boxing is keen to keep the boxing community and stakeholders abreast of the progress made against its strategic plan for 2022-27.
Below is a quarterly headline summary of that progress under the four key objectives of A thriving boxing community, An inclusive, diverse and accessible sport, An inspirational and aspirational competition and talent pathway and A respected and valued NGB.
2023 – quarter one progress
A thriving boxing community
- Planning and organising of summer club resilience conferences to take place in nine venues across the country
- Roll-out of the £25,000 Clubs in Crisis fund with thanks to our partners at Revolut supporting 28 clubs who were under threat of closure due to the cost of living crisis
- Increased membership numbers reaching 1,000-plus clubs and 27,000-plus members
- Roll-out of the £250,000 Together Fund supporting 75 clubs to deliver projects supporting under-represented groups.
An inclusive, diverse and accessible sport
- Clink to Club programme deliveries in two prisons
- Apprenticeship programme entering its third quarter with seven young people employed and planning underway for year two
- Recruitment of England Boxing’s EDI Officer completed with work underway to complete the Diversity Inclusion Action Plan and summer EDI Conference
- Year 2 of the Inclusive Activity Programme underway with 40+ clubs delivering disability inclusion sessions nationwide
- Cohort 3 selected for the Female Coach Development Programme and year 1 rounding up for the Women’s Officials Development programme.
An inspirational and aspirational competition and talent pathway
- The launch of the Senior Performance Pathway underway
- 30-plus candidates recruited for the new Level 3 Coaching Course
- EB’s most successful season on record with 45 international medals secured
- Planning and preparation for the upcoming Open Talent Days and EB Pathway Induction in Spring 2023.
A respected and valued NGB
- EB Tik Tok account has doubled in followers since this time last year increasing followers to more than 90,000 people
- Recruitment and induction of Compliance Manager and Compliance Officer to modernise our safeguarding procedures nationwide
- Sponsorship secured for a second consecutive year with ActiPH
- Partnership with BoxWise and professional boxing promotion organisations being drafted and prepared for a Spring 2023 launch.