England Boxing is keen to keep the boxing community and stakeholders abreast of the progress made against its strategic plan for 2022-27.
Below is a quarterly headline summary of that progress under the four key objectives of A thriving boxing community, An inclusive, diverse and accessible sport, An inspirational and aspirational competition and talent pathway and A respected and valued NGB.
2022 – quarter one progress
A thriving boxing community
- Enhanced profile for clubs through video case studies
- Introduction of Community Impact recognition and reward scheme
- Increased membership both in terms of clubs and individuals
- Club Matters pilot work with Boxing clubs to enhance essential club standards.
An inclusive, diverse and accessible sport
- Clink to Club, KO Extremism programme delivery as part of our community outreach work
- Apprenticeship programme devised and recruitment process commenced
- Community Boxing resources developed and piloted in the Northwest region
- New funding streams secured to support clubs to increase participation from people with disabilities or long-term health condition
- Cohort 2 selected for the Female Coach Development Programme.
An inspirational and aspirational competition and talent pathway
- DiSE funding secured for the 2022-24 cohort
- Assessment and shortlisting of candidates for Level 3 development
- A highly successful 2022 Youth European Championships for Team England with a record level of Gold medals
- 120 new Referees and Judges identified, and their development journeys commenced.
A respected and valued NGB
- New England Boxing Tik Tok account launched, increasing our reach by over 45,000 people
- Introduction and implementation of Globocol system to modernise our case management/safeguarding procedures
- Sponsorship secured with ActiPH to become the official water supplier of England Boxing
- Partnership with Coach Core established to support and ensure the successful delivery of our Apprenticeship plans.