England Boxing continues to encourage the wearing of masks inside venues and that good hygiene practices should be maintained.
There is also no longer a legal requirement to show an NHS Covid Pass at venues and events by law, although some venues may still demand this.
However, we encourage everyone to adopt a self-screening process. If you have a temperature, cough, headaches or generally feel unwell, do not attend training, events or shows.
Government self-isolation rules
From 24th February 2022:
- People who test positive for Covid will no longer be legally required to self-isolate
- But they are still be advised to stay at home for at least five full days
- Routine contact tracing has ended.
What can individuals do?
Although not a legal requirement, England Boxing continues to encourage individuals to wear a mask when inside a venue, except for those who are active in and around the ring.
Hand hygiene is one of the keys to stop the spread, therefore it is important to wash your hands:
- After coughing, sneezing or blowing your nose
- After coming into contact with surfaces touched by many others, such as handles, handrails and light switches
- After coming into contact with shared areas such as kitchens and bathrooms
- Before and after training/sparring/bouts
- Before you eat or handle food
- When you return home.
Social distancing where possible when not participating should continue to be observed.
What can clubs do?
There are no limits on the number of people allowed in venues or spectators, but venue operators may have their own guidelines that must be adhered to. England Boxing cannot influence venues, however, we encourage all members to be sympathetic to different venue requirements.
Clubs are encouraged to support venues by keeping them clean, removing all waste (bottles etc) and thoroughly cleaning benches and other high-sweat contact areas.
Covid-19 vaccine passports
There is no longer a legal requirement to show a NHS Covid Pass at venues and events.
Venues may have their own guidelines which must be adhered to. If you are unsure if these rules apply to your venue, please contact email@example.com