Free training and support on using boxing to help young people
August 26, 2022 | by Matt Halfpenny
Affiliated England Boxing clubs are invited to join those already taking advantage of free training and support on how to harness the power of boxing to help young people.
The Empire Fighting Chance Programme is being delivered around the country thanks to a partnership between its multiple national award-winning developers, Empire Fighting Chance, and England Boxing.
It is designed for young people aged eight to-25 living in disadvantaged communities and tackles a wide range of issues, including poor mental health, anti-social behaviour, school exclusions, gang and knife crime.
The training is specific to amateur boxing clubs can change the lives of young people, not to mention help deliver income generating social programmes.
Empire Fighting Chance has already trained, and are supporting, nine boxing clubs across England, including Collyhurst and Moston ABC (Manchester), Priory Park ABC, (Dudley), Ingle Foundation (Sheffield) and Seconds Out ABC (County Durham).
Now, over the next 12 months, they are keen to work with more clubs to further help more young people.
You can hear more about the impact the training programme has had on those who have attended by clicking here.
How clubs will benefit
Affiliated clubs will be given free, year-long support and a training package delivered by Empire Fighting Chance’s experienced team, which includes:
Two-day in person training course
- Explains how Empire Fighting Chance has evolved from an amateur boxing club to an organisation employing local people and turnover £1.5 million pounds a year.
- Show you how to get your club delivering charitable programmes
- Helps you effectively deliver our Training with Champions programme
- Helps you develop and sell programmes to schools.
- Includes operations management.
- Helps you understand how to record data and articulate impact for funders.
- Works with you to create an action plan to develop the potential of your boxing club.
Minimum 12-month support package
- Refresher practical delivery training available throughout the year.
- Monthly remote support personalised to the action plan of the club.
- Visits from Empire staff with bespoke training.
- Selling to school sales and other partners.
- Data collection and reporting guidance and support.
- Supporting delivery materials and resources.
How to apply
Applications are now open for this year’s cohort of boxing clubs, with the next training course to take place on Thursday 20th and Friday 21st October in Bristol.
Travel and accommodation expenses are covered for the two days of training.
Applications close on Friday 30th September. Once all the applications have been received, a follow-up video call will be arranged to discuss your application.