Clubs invited to apply to be hubs for new Inclusive Boxing Programme
September 23, 2021 | by Matt Halfpenny
England Boxing is launching a new Inclusive Boxing Programme – and is looking for clubs around the country act as hubs during an initial pilot stage.
With the aim to inspire and transform lives through boxing with no barriers to participation, it remains an ambition to make the spirt inclusive, diverse, and accessible to all.
The new programme hopes to make significant strides in these areas, with the first step to identify the hubs and complete the necessary training with those concerned.
Each hub will then receive support funding to start-up or develop inclusive boxing sessions within their club, which will run for a minimum of a one-year period.
What support will inclusive hubs receive?
- Free attendance on an inclusive boxing workshop.
- Funding to set up or develop inclusive boxing sessions at least twice a month for one year (the funding can cover equipment, small facility adaptions, kit and advertising).
- Support from England Boxing before, during and after the training.
- A CPD programme of impairment-specific workshops.
- Club promotion on England Boxing’s Inclusive Boxing webpage.
- Case studies and news articles sharing progress on the England Boxing and partner websites and social media.
If you’re interested in becoming a hub…
To apply to become an England Boxing Inclusive Hub, please fill out the attached expression of interest form by clicking here.
In the first pilot stage, limited places are available on the programme, but this is expected to grow year on year.
If you have any questions, please contact Alicia Winbolt via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Picture courtesy of Unorthobox Mixed Ability Boxing Club.