Box in Mind Bitesize – September dates now available
August 11, 2020 | by Matt Halfpenny
Dates for England Boxing’s free Box In Mind Bitesize online courses have now been released for September.
So far, more than 250 England Boxing members have taken part in the sessions – put together with help from mental health charity Mind – which began in June following the onset of the Coronavirus Pandemic
Mental health problems affects one in four people, meaning everyone is likely to know someone who is having problems, even if it is not obvious, like a physical injury.
Those who attend will be given guidance on how to spot the signs that someone is struggling with their mental health, and explain what they can then do to get that person the right help.
If you are interested in taking part in an online Box In Mind Bitesize session, they are being hosted by three different Box In Mind tutors throughout September.
To book a place on one of these sessions, please got the Box In Mind course page on the England Boxing website, by clicking here.
Sessions available in September
- Tuesday 8th September – 6pm.
- Monday 14th September – 6pm.
- Thursday 24th September – 6pm.
- Monday 28th September – 6pm.
- Thursday 3rd September – 10.30am.
- Friday 11th September – 10.30am.
- Thursday 17th September – 10.30am.
- Thursday 24th September – 10.30am.
- Tuesday 1st September – 10.30am.
- Monday 7th September – 3pm.
- Tuesday 15th September – 12pm.
- Tuesday 29th September – 3pm.
“Some real food for thought and some great tips and input from course candidates.”
“It has given me a mechanism in which I can assess the boxers within the gym and how I can help them.”
“It was an insightful and very beneficial presentation – on a subject which simply doesn’t get talked about enough.”