Online learning event for Level 3 and Level 4 coaches and coach educators
January 15, 2021 | by Matt Halfpenny
England Boxing has organised an online learning event for Level 3 and Level 4 coaches and the national coach educator team on Saturday 6th February.
The free three-hour session delivered via Microsoft Teams is an opportunity to reconnect and explore, as well as make sense of and reflect on 2020.
It will start with a welcome at 9.30am, followed by break-out room sessions from 10am, before final reflections to finish.
Topics that will be covered are:
- How are we dealing with Covid-19 and keeping boxers engaged during this time?
- Jargon busting – the use of effective terminology
- Starting with the end in mind – what are we trying to develop with the boxer and how are we coaching this?
- Principles of world class 1-1 coaching
- Padding with purpose – open discussion
- Making sense – have clarity of the scoring criteria (what are we seeing or need to see, also messages to the boxer)
- The England Boxing Coaching Scrapbook of 2020 (what connected with you and why?).
To register your interest, please email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 2 Coaches, meanwhile are reminded they can also take part in online workshops that are being organised for 2021.
Click here for more details.