New date for Youth OTD
February 21, 2020 | by Matt Halfpenny
Boxers planning to attend the Youth Open Talent Day (OTD) should note that the date has now changed to avoid clashing with the rescheduled England Boxing National Youth Championships 2020 semi-finals and finals.
With the Championships climax now being staged on Saturday 29th February and Sunday 1st March, the OTD has been moved to Sunday 15th March – and will now be held in the GB Boxing Gym at the English Institute of Sport in Sheffield (S9 5DA).
Please ensure you complete a new registration (below), even if you had previously done so for the original date at Tamworth.
Open Talent Days are designed to identify talented boxers that may not have been scouted during the England Boxing National Youth Championships being staged in February.
This could include two highly-rated boxers meeting in the early stages of the competition, as well as others unable to enter due to injury.
Each boxer will be assessed on technical and tactical skills, using a rating system, and will receive feedback from the England Boxing coaches on the day.
Following the assessment, boxers who met the required assessment levels will be invited onto the England Talent Programme.
Registration (see below) is open until Friday 6th March at 4pm.
Minimum entry criteria
- Be a British Citizen
- Be a member of an affiliated England Boxing Club and registered on the Vault
- Hold a valid BCR1 (which will need to be shown on the day)
- Be injury-free to attend the camp, as boxers will need to participate in all activities in order to be assessed
- Born in 2002 or 2003
- Be within 2kg of declared competition weights.
Youth men additional criteria
- 52kg-70kg (inclusive), a minimum of 15 bouts. All other weights a minimum of 10 bouts
- Have a minimum of 70% win-loss ratio in the last 24 months
- Have entered the England Boxing National Championships in 2019 or 2020.
Youth women additional Criteria
- Had a minimum of two bouts
- Have a minimum win loss ratio of 20% or higher in the last 24 months
- Have entered the England Boxing National Championships in 2019 or 2020
Venue and Dates
Men and Women: Sunday 15th March.
Venue: GB Boxing Gym, English Institute of Sport, Coleridge Road, Sheffield, S9 5DA.
Timings: 11am to 3pm.
Click on the relevant link below to register, please ensure this is completed by Friday 6th March at 4pm.
Youth Men OTD – https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/YouthMenOTDnew20
Youth Women OTD – https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/YouthWomenOTDnew20
Important: If you do not meet the requirements stated above (for example, if the boxer has not entered either the 2019 of 2020 National Championships), then the survey will not let you complete your application.
Please ensure you complete registration, even if you had previously done so for the original date.