Mental Health Awareness Week 2021 – take action and get active
May 12, 2021 | by Lynette Mayo
Physical activity is not only good for your body, it is good for your mind.
The milder temperatures encourage us to get outside more often; whether that be a walk or doing a bit of gardening.
Getting outside makes us become more active, which releases feel good endorphins.
The chemicals released when exercising are:
- Seretonin – The mood-boosting chemical
- Norepinephrine – The chemical which makes you more focused and alert
- Brain-derived neurotrophic – Fosters long term brain health
- Dopamine – The motivation and reward chemical
- Endorphins – The feel good chemical
Any amount of activity is better than none, so find an activity which you enjoy.
See why it is important to be active everyday (Infographic by BelievePerform)
Today’s video is by Dan Smart, Box In Mind Tutor, telling us why he is supporting Mental Health and MHAW.