Lonsdale MTK Global Box Cup rescheduled
March 19, 2020 | by Matt Halfpenny
The Lonsdale MTK Global Box Cup 2020 has been postponed due to the ongoing Coronavirus outbreak, taking into consideration recent guidelines set out by the Government and England Boxing.
Instead, the event – due to take place at the Penrith Leisure Centre from 2nd to 5th April has been rescheduled for 17th and 20th September.
Winners last year including Aaron Bird (Olympian), Alex Hubery (Shildon, pictured), Adam Olaore (Empire), Monae Smith (MTK Amateurs) and Holly Heffron (Heart of Portsmouth).
All clubs and spectators should note the following details for how to proceed with the rescheduled tournament later this year:
- If you wish to keep your place/s in the tournament then you can do so by confirming this to us by email to email@example.com with your clubs name as the title on email.
- If you wish to be refunded for your entries and leave the tournament then you can do so by again emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your club as the title and a short email to say you wish to withdraw.
- Please allow 14 days past the tournament completion dates to receive a refund.
- Any clubs wishing to stay in the tournament to reserve their place will be able to do so and alter names, boxers, and kg weights when this reopens once again.
- Time will sit still within the jab linked system until we implement new dates and announce the re-scheduled date.
- Entry Tickets – If you have purchased these from Eventbrite and want a refund, we will refund accordingly as Lonsdale MTK Global Box Cup see this as nobody’s fault and will accommodate those wanting refunds. Those who wish to keep their tickets for the rescheduled event may do so. Please allow 14 days past the tournament completion dates to receive a full refund.
- Once again, please email email@example.com outlining what option you would like to take up, along with emailing your completed order and whether you wish to keep your ticket or require a refund.
- Please note: Orders taken online by the purchaser will only be reimbursed to the purchaser.
- PPV – Anyone who has purchased the finals PPV for 5th April can also receive a full refund by displaying proof of purchase to firstname.lastname@example.org
We would like to thank you all at this testing time and we understand how hard all boxers and coaches have been training in the gyms preparing to compete in this year’s tournament.