Junior Open Talent Day 2022
March 23, 2022 | by Matt Halfpenny
England Boxing is hosting an Open Talent Day (OTD) for Junior boxers (born in 2006 and 2007) on Saturday 9th April at Tamworth Boxing Club.
Open Talent Days are designed to identify talented boxers that may not have been scouted during the England Boxing National Junior Championships 2022 being staged in March.
This could be because two highly-rated boxers met in the early stages of the competition, or because a boxer was unable to take part due to injury or illness.
The standard England Boxing is looking for is high. Boxers on the programme are expected to meet training demands and compete in international competitions against the very best from other nations with a potential 24-month age difference.
Each boxer will be assessed on technical and tactical skills, using a rating system, and will receive feedback from the England Boxing coaches on the day.
Following the assessment, boxers who meet the required assessment levels will be invited onto the England Talent Programme.
Registration (see below) is open until Friday 1st April at 4pm.
When and where
Date: Saturday 9th April
Venue: Tamworth Boxing Club, Orchard Street, Tamworth, B79 7RH
Timings: TBC (each weight category will be allocated a time slot to attend and notified via email of this).
Minimum entry criteria
- Be a British citizen
- Be a member of an affiliated England Boxing club and registered on the Vault
- Hold a valid BCR1 (which will need to be produced on the day)
- All boxers need to be within 2kg of their competition weight (all boxers will be weighed in on the day).
- Must be injury-free to attend the camp, as boxers will need to participate in all activities in order to be assessed.
Please see further criteria based on age and gender below, along with the registration link.
Junior men additional criteria
- Born in 2006 or 2007
- Boxers between 52kg and 70kg have had a minimum of 12 bouts
- For all other weights, the minimum is eight bouts.
Junior women additional criteria
- Born in 2006 or 2007
- Had a minimum of two bouts.
Click on the relevant link below to register, please ensure this is completed Friday 1st April at 4pm.
Junior Male OTD: Click here.
Junior Female OTD: Click here.
Important: you will not receive any correspondence following your application until after the deadline.