Boxing Abroad permitted from 4th October, subject to conditions
September 28, 2021 | by Matt Halfpenny
England Boxing can confirm that Boxing Abroad requests will now be accepted from 4th October 2021 – but only to box in countries that are not in the UK government’s Covid-19 Red category.
With amateur boxing in England now actively up and running again, the number of enquiries from clubs about boxing abroad, or competing at international tournaments, has steadily increased.
England Boxing has always followed the government guidelines that detail the various rules for international travel, with travelling abroad for all but essential reasons having been strongly discouraged in most instances since the start of the Coronavirus Pandemic.
From 4th October 2021, however, the government is changing its policy, and countries will now be deemed either Red category or Rest Of The World.
These categories will be reviewed regularly by the government and further details can be found by clicking here.
As a result of this change, and after careful consideration of the health and safety of its members, which remains the number one priority, England Boxing is now looking to restart the process of Boxing Abroad applications from 4th October 2021.
Boxing Abroad process to follow
- Only countries which are on the Rest Of The World list at time of application will be considered.
- No applications for Red list countries list will be considered, under any circumstances. For the avoidance of doubt, this is due to the requirement that on return there is a quarantining requirement in a hotel and thus it brings significant safeguarding / duty of care issues.
- Those travelling must follow the government travelling guidelines in place at the time and any relevant requirements, including, where applicable, pre / post testing, vaccination and any other associated matters. Click here for more details.
- In addition, clubs / members will need to adhere to the requirements of the country they are visiting and relevant Boxing Federation.
- No travel should be booked until you have received confirmation from England Boxing that the trip is permitted.
- Requests in all cases must be sent no later than 28 days before travel to allow processing and checks.
- The usual Boxing Abroad form must be used, which can be accessed by clicking here.
- Before permission is given, England Boxing will write to the National Federation of the intended country of travel to confirm it is a recognised and sanctioned event, and we will advise the accordingly.
- Should countries that Boxing Abroad permissions are granted for be changed from the Rest Of The World list to Red, then the trip must not go ahead. England Boxing will also revoke the permission to Box Abroad and notify the relevant Federation. The risk of this should be considered when planning and booking a trip and appropriate measure in terms of insurance and the ability to cancel be factored in when planning.
- Clubs should risk assess the standards of boxing of the visiting country and the scheduled opposition and the mitigation required in a bid to prevent catching Covid-19. This should take into account they may have been training and boxing for a significantly longer periods during Covid-19 than England-based boxers.
- Furthermore, appropriate plans need to be put in place in the event members of the party cannot immediately return home with the group due catching Covid-19, which prevents them from travelling.
- Appropriate insurance needs to be in place.
- All other England Boxing regulations, policies and procedures remain in place.
Please note England Boxing is not liable for any loss of monies, however arrived at, should the trip or event be cancelled for any reason or circumstance, including the change of status of the respective country.
Should you have any queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org