Vacancy: England Boxing Technical, rules and officials sub-committee
October 3, 2020 | by Matt Halfpenny
England Boxing is seeking to make a new appointment to its Technical, rules and officials sub-committee.
Applicants should have significant experience within the sport of boxing as a coach or official.
Remit of the role
- To review AIBA rule changes to ensure they are enforceable within England Boxing in that they are legal and appropriate.
- To assist in the development and management of the England Boxing domestic rules, age experience categories.
- Manage, mentor and develop all England Boxing registered officials by providing a clear and comprehensive pathway for officials.
- Select officials for upgrade from National to International Officials.
- Appointment of officials to International Tournaments.
- Develop strategies to recruit officials from all communities and genders to provide a cohort of officials that is reflective of our boxing community.
- Discuss rules issues and help identify manageable solutions.
- Act as a forum for discussing and developing rules matters that need to be brought to the attention of England Boxing and GB Boxing.
- To work with the Championship/Talent Pathway Subcommittees in providing recommendations for a meaningful calendar of Domestic Championship boxing for the England Boxing.
This is a voluntary role, but reasonable out-of-pocket expenses will be paid where applicable.
Click here for more information.
Closing date for applications is 31st October 2020.