Online seminar to help Level 2 Coaching Course preparations
October 26, 2021 | by Matt Halfpenny
England Boxing is developing a seminar that aims to help Level 1 coaches who wish to be better prepared for what to expect should they take a Level 2 course.
The progression needed between the two courses is significant, but this online sessions aims to smooth the transition in several ways.
It will aim to:
- Help you, the coach, to make an informed decision about when is the right time to apply.
- Explain what you need to have before applying for the Level 2 Coaching Course.
- Show how can you best prepare for the course and the practical coaching experience recommended.
- Make an introduction to the course content and what to expect from the tutor and the assessor.
- Explain the assessment process and what you need (such as from Jan 2022 coaches completing the Level 2 Assessment will need to bring three boxers to the assessment, with two of those boxers needing to be able to spar).
- Provide a clear path for coaches who want to explore other aspects of coach development and links with UK Coaching.
- Give potential ideas for progression after the Level 2 Coaching Course.
During the seminar, England Boxing is also keen to understand coaches’ experiences from the Level 1 Coaching Course in terms of content, structure and also the learning environment, plus the assessment process.
If you want to be better informed about the Level 2 Coaching Course, please complete an expression of interest form before 5th November by clicking here.
Once England Boxing has confirmed approximate numbers, it will communicate some potential dates to deliver the online seminar.
Please note that this seminar is to inform of the requirements of the Level 2 Coaching Course, is not a CPD or formal coach development event and does replace any formal learning.