Midlands Club Support Officer Job Vacancy
June 12, 2018 | by Gemma Field
England Boxing – Club Support Officer
The organisation has recently completed its strategy and funding plan for the next four years. The governing body is going through rapid change and the sport is experiencing growth in both competitive and recreational boxers. It has also been successful in delivering medals at various men’s and women’s international competitions. This provides excellent opportunities to improve the commercial income of the sport and less reliance on public body funding in line with the overall strategy in the coming years.
An opportunity has arisen to appoint a new Club Support Officer who will be responsible for helping clubs be more sustainable in the West Midlands Region. The successful candidate will join an existing team of 8 Club Support Officers in the support and development of England Boxing affiliated clubs.
England Boxing prides ourselves on diversity and inclusivity. While all applications will be accepted, England Boxing would welcome applications from suitably qualified females and those from diverse background.
Closing date for applications, Friday 6th July. Interviews in week commencing Monday 30th July.
Job Title: Club Support Officer, West Midlands
Reporting to: Head of Community Development
Responsible for: Developing club sustainability within the region and supporting national objectives created with Sport England
Location: To be agreed within the region
Type of Contract: Fixed term until March 2021
Role Purpose: To provide development support for boxing clubs and in doing so provide the transition to sustainable regular participation in clubs to all members of the community.
• Understand the political landscape and establish relationships that positively impact on clubs and set targets. Act as an agent of change working with partners to create strategic action plans for the aim of improving clubs and achieving targets
• Analyse the needs of clubs to retain and grow participation
• Devise and implement solutions drawing on tools provided by England Boxing and the wider sporting landscape
• Help and advise clubs to meet objectives in the Government strategy for sport based around achieving wider social outcomes
• Support clubs to overcome any issues that impact on the club’s sustainability and development such as facility development, rent and lease agreements, asset transfer, club committees, finances and grant applications, and business planning.
• Acting as an advocate on behalf of clubs
• Engage with various key partners in the region to ensure that the most effective solution to support affiliated clubs is delivered
• Improving the communication and relationship between the clubs and the NGB
• Support clubs to ensure they have the right volunteers in place to operate efficiently to deliver and grow their volunteer workforce providing appropriate training and mentoring.
• As appropriate and with direction of England Boxing Senior Management Team act as a themed specialist, supporting the network of Club Support Officers. Specialisms could include facility development, volunteering workshops, female participation, inclusive practices.
• Ensure that working practice adheres and reflects England Boxing policies.
• To work to agreed targets providing meaningful data from the region to support data collection and insight.
• Provide regular reports to the head of Communications to highlight good practice in your region
• Knowledge and understanding of what clubs need in order to be sustainable for the future
• Understanding of how to use insight to inform best business planning with clubs and the region
• Substantial experience of working with and supporting grass roots clubs
• Evidence of successfully supporting clubs or organisations with funding applications, and fundraising
• Experience of partnership working and building relationships with individuals and organisations
• Passionate about community development and participation
• A good understanding of the policies and principles around government objectives for sport
• Respects and relates well to people of diverse backgrounds
• Strong communication skills evident in conflict resolution and negotiation
• Hard working and flexible in approaching and dealing with challenges that arise.
• Degree level qualification in sport, management or other related area
• Qualification related to community capacity building or volunteering
• Marketing, development and / or business planning experience
• Ability to work independently using initiative whilst also contributing to the national team.
Please send a completed application form along with a CV to email@example.com
If you would like to discuss your suitability for the role then please contact Ron Tulley, Head of Community Development on 07515 333044.